Heavy Equipment Operations
The primary mission of the Heavy Equipment Operations program is to provide quality educational training designed to meet the current and future needs of the heavy equipment operations industry. To accomplish this, the following guidelines are established: assist student to choose, prepare for, enter, and be gainfully employed in the heavy equipment field; offer a program which emphasizes sound fundamentals while responding to the needs of this particular industry; and provides courses to meet current and specific needs of the student and this industry.
The Heavy Equipment Operations program provides students with the technical knowledge and skills for employment as an operator in the Heavy Equipment industry. Instruction includes a combination of classroom theory and practical experience. Students will be instructed in digging, ditching, sloping, stripping, grading, backfilling, equipment maintenance and safety. Students are eligible to join SkillsUSA.
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance
- Operator Training for Bulldozer, Wheel Loader, Backhoe Loader, Motor Grader and Skid Steer
- Preparation for Forklift Operator Certification
- Preparation for NCCER Certification
- 10 Hour OSHA Training Certification
- Employability Skills and Safety
Length of Program
The Heavy Equipment Operation program consists of 1200 hours. However, the school is currently offering Occupational Completion Points A (Heavy Equipment Maintenance) and B (Tractor Operator). The average length of this OCP A & B is 450 hours for full-time students.
- •Interview by guidance counselor.
- •Assessment in reading, math and language.
- •Must pass DOT Drug Test
- •Must be at least 18 years old and not attending high school.
- ID $10.00
- Application fee $15.00
- Material fee $1004.00
- Tuition $1152.00
- Books $200.00
- Miscellaneous fees
- Pre-employment Drug Test, Coveralls, Eyeshield, Hard Hat,
- Work boots $350.00
- Approximate total $2731.00
Classes begin approximately every trimester. Please call (305) 557-1100 to obtain information on starting dates. For information call and speak to a counselor.
Operating Engineers, Skid Steer Loader Operator, Backhoe Loader Operator, Bulldozer Operator, Wheel Loader Operator, Forklift Operator, Motor Grader Operator.